The Queen's Award for Enterprise
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious awards for UK businesses and can bring substantial benefits to winners, including increased staff morale, boosts to turnover and international trade, greater recognition and excellent marketing opportunities. The awards recognise and reward outstanding achievement in the following fields:
- International Trade - recognising companies that have demonstrated growth in overseas earnings
- Innovation - recognising companies that have demonstrated commercial success through innovative products or services
- Sustainable Development - recognising companies that have integrated environmental, social, economic and management aspects of sustainable development into their business
- Promoting opportunity through social mobility - is awarded for social mobility programmes that help people from disadvantaged backgrounds into successful working lives
How to apply
Full details of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise, including how to apply, may be found on the Government Website. The Awards are free to enter and applications are submitted online.
Award winners are:
- invited to a Royal reception at Buckingham Palace, usually hosted by HRH The Prince of Wales
- presented with the Award at your company by the Lord-Lieutenant, consisting of a Grant of Appointment signed by The Queen and a commemorative crystal bowl
- entitled to fly The Queen’s Award flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials such as your website and stationery
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial activity, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale. There are also potential opportunities to work with government on developing and testing policies and initiatives. The awards are valid for 5 years.
Help and advice
The North Yorkshire Lieutenancy are very happy to help and advise you at any stage of your application process, whether at the outset or with a critical analysis of your application before it is submitted. We can also organise seminars for companies interested in applying. It may also be possible to put you in touch with other companies in North Yorkshire that have successfully applied. For further information on any of the above please contact the Lieutenancy Office.
In addition, the Queen’s Award team are there to help, and can be contacted on 020 7215 6880 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.